"Afferden, one of my little neighbourtowns." Afferden by Roeffie
Afferden Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 2 photos
Afferden is just a very little village just east of my homewtown Druten. There are no big attractions in this village.
The beauty of it are the direct surroundings. On the photo you see these small lakes and in the downright corner you'll see a small road. Well this road is a dyke and the lakes are places where the dyke broke through. In dutch they are called "wiel" or "doorbraak".
These little lakes give the area the cream on the cake, so to say.
Afferden itself has an old tower and some authentic farmhouses chararteristic for this area. Some of them are build on little hills. In the province of Friesland they are called "Terpen", but overher they are called "woerden", when there were no dykes the so called woerden protected the farms for flooding.
Roeffie's Related Pages
Afferden Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Afferden
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Afferden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Afferden
Top 10 Pages
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Austria Intro, 17 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egeskov Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos