"Kasteel Groeneveld and Paleis Soestdijk" Baarn by Roeffie
Baarn Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 9 photos
Castle Groenveld is a kind of environmentcentre nowadays. It is owned by "Staatsbosbeheer" and is used as a museum/vistorcentre. The garden surrounding Kasteel Groeneveld are beautiful.
The museum is very much suited for (dutch) kids. There are a lot of activities to do for them.
This castle was built by rich merchants from Amsterdam as a summerhouse. When summer began they drove up here or went by boat taking everything from their cityhome in Amsterdam.
Just a mile or 2 further you'll find the home of later dutch queen Juliana and her late husband Prince Bernard. After Prins Bernard died, the palca went open for the public. You get a 45 minute tour in the main rooms except the very personal rooms. It will cost € 12,00 a person. I think rather expensive for the service given, but anyway you can say you went to the home of a former dutch Queen.
Baarn and surroundings has a lot to offer. Great woodlands to walk in and very nice old houses.
It's a kind of environmental centre of the dutch organisation Staatsbosbeheer, which is a government service that... more travel advice
Roeffie's Related Pages
Baarn Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Baarn
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Baarn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baarn
Top 10 Pages
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Austria Intro, 17 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egeskov Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos