"My roots !!!" Beneden-Leeuwen by Roeffie

Beneden-Leeuwen Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 33 photos

The 5th of May 1968 was a glorious day for the people of this village. A new member of the community was born, namely me.

Until now everyone in Holland celebrates my birthday. Flags hang out, activities are organised everywhere in the country.

Or would that be because of the National Liberation Day.

This is by far the most important house in Beneden Leeuwen, because this is the house the world famous VT writer Roeffie was born in.
See the window above the door, that is the room I slept in, studied hard in (-' for about 21 years.

My father and mother still live there. It is a nice but small house with a marvelous garden. It's gardener is the best one you can ever wish for, namely my dad.

• Intro Updated Jun 2, 2003

• umashanker's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2005 at 7:18 AM

I must recommend this page to my niece who is studing a dentits courese now.This page is nice with emotional touch.Thanks for sharing.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2005 at 11:44 PM

an interesting page, Patrick ! What a lovely windmill - it is great to be able to see them still in such a big number in the Netherlands.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2003 at 5:49 AM

What a novel way to run a restaurant! Glad you could find your roots...I just found mine in Poland this year.

Roeffie

“Life is what you make it!!!”

Badges & Stats in Beneden-Leeuwen

Have you been to Beneden-Leeuwen?

Latest Activity in Beneden-Leeuwen