"Doesburg, the town where the mustard comes from." Doesburg by Roeffie
Doesburg Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 63 photos
Doesburg is first mentioned in a deed dated between 1053 and 1071. The surroundings must have been very swampy with an occasional sandy hill.
The name remembers of this period of time. According to the languagepro's the name does, duis, doze etc. means a swamp with trees or bushes. Doesburg could mean so much as mountain, keep or town in the middle of such area.
Very nice situated between the rivers IJssel and Oude IJssel, Doesburg grew to a stronghold.
It was declared a city by a deed somewhere in the 13th and 14th century: 1237, 1312 and 1343.
Roeffie's Related Pages
Doesburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An old city that has stayed a village"
- "Doesburg, the town where the mustard comes from."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Doesburg
- Hotels in Doesburg
- Transportation in Doesburg
- Restaurants in Doesburg
- Shopping in Doesburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Doesburg
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Doesburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Doesburg
- Posted in Travel Netherlands Forum "RE: RE: A week in Holland -- What..."
- Commented on one of Pavlik_NL's Doesburg travel pages
- updated a Doesburg Travel Page "Doesburg, the town where the mustard comes from."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Doesburg, the town where the mustard comes from."
- Wrote a Review Try some Mustard!!! in Doesburg Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Austria Intro, 17 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egeskov Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos