"In the footsteps of Kaiser Wilhelm II" Doorn by Roeffie
Doorn Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 33 photos
Doorn is a small town that lies in the forestland of the "Utrechtse Heuvelrug" It is a nice quiet town with lots of natural beauty surrounding the town.
The most known building in the town is "Huis Doorn"
This is where Kaiser Wilhelm II spend a great deal of his life after Germany was defeated by the Allies in WW I. The people of Germany put the blame on him for loosing the war and on the 9th of november 1918 the people declared Germany to be a republic.
The emperor was exciled. The Netherlands was neutral in WW I, so he fled to the Netherlands.
It is a remarkable castle. It is rather small, but is completely filled with objects brought here by the last emperor of Germany
Roeffie's Related Pages
Doorn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Huis Doorn (castle)"
- "Doorn, Netherlands"
- "In the footsteps of Kaiser Wilhelm II"
- "Huis Doorn"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Doorn
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Doorn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Doorn
Top 10 Pages
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Austria Intro, 17 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egeskov Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos