"My hometown, a village at the river" Druten by Roeffie
Druten Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 38 photos
The county of Druten consists of over 16,000 inhabitants in 5 differrent villages named Druten, Afferden, Horssen, Deest en Puiflijk. Druten itselve has approx. 11,000 inhabitants. The other villages all around 1,500 inh.
It measures 4255 ha. Druten is situated at the river Waal, which is a large extension of the river Rhine. It is the main shiproute to Germany, specially the Ruhrgebiet.
It has several beautiful places to visit. Although this area is not very known for it's touristic possibillities, but for those people who like a quiet and relaxed stay it is a great place to be.
My neighboorhood is situated on the southside of the town. You can see it on the picture. You can locate my house by looking for a blue tent!
Through the year there are several events in our town like:
On first thursday after november 2nd. A long tradition since 1819. "Leste Mert " means Last Market and was the last Cattle Market of the year. It is celebrated in all pubs and of course we have a big annual market with cattle.
Fiets 4-daagse and Dag van Druten
In the first week of August Druten is a destination of the International Cycle 4-days of Nijmegen.
It's a market with lots of things to buy, lots of music, drinking and laughing. In the evening there is a big show of fireworks at the riverbank.
Through the year there are a lot of other little events, such as a beachvolley tournament and of course "Carnaval".
It is not a destination to visit for several days, but to visit for a day or so. Nothing spectacular, but maybe that's the charm of the town.
If you are in the neighboorhood, drop me an e-mail and I'll give you a Land of Maas en Waal Highlights Tour!
In our town we have a fair on the first thursday after All Soul's Day. in the 1800's Druten was very isolated in the... more travel advice
In the town center of Druten opposite of the Church. This used to be the stop for a little train, that drove here in the... more travel advice
Roeffie's Related Pages
Druten Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Druten
- 7 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Druten?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Druten
Top 10 Pages
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Austria Intro, 17 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egeskov Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos