"Heerewaarden, A village closed in by water!" Heerewaarden by Roeffie
Heerewaarden Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 6 photos
Heerewaarden is a little village closed in by the rivers Waal and Maas. Therefor it was a typical Riverfishing village.
There are very little shops, but a small walk around the village would be a nice thing to do, there are several old houses in the town.
The main thins to visit are: Visitors centre "De Grote Rivieren", which means big rivers and there is a ruine called Fort St. Andries. Around this fort new naturegrounds are being developed now.
- Pros:Nice visitor centre to explore area!
- Cons:Nothing much to do besides that!
This old Fort should be haunted at least that's what I found out on a website. Real scary mpeg's are shown there.... more travel advice
Roeffie's Related Pages
Heerewaarden Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Heerewaarden
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (180)
Have you been to Heerewaarden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Heerewaarden
Photos in HeerewaardenSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Austria Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lago di Garda Intro, 13 reviews, 48 photos