"A very young city!" Lelystad by Roeffie
Lelystad Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 168 photos
Lelystad lies in fact on the bottom of the former Zuiderzee. Nowadays called IJsselmeer.
It is a city of about 70000 people and exist for about 40 years or so.
The dutch created this land out of the sea. We need space.
So don't expect to see nice historical buildings here or a long history, except for the findings during the making of this young land.
The city is named after Mr. Lely who was the engineer of this large project to create new land out of the former sea.
Nicest things about Lelystad are in my opinion:
Bataviawerf The Batavia Yard in Lelystad, the Netherlands, is foremost a center for traditional shipbuilding. Since... more travel advice
Roeffie's Related Pages
Lelystad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Just nature"
- "Lelystad - Home of the "Uiver""
- "Lelystad Page"
- "A very young city!"
- "On the bottom of the sea"
- "Lelystad, a non city town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lelystad
- Hotels in Lelystad
- Transportation in Lelystad
- Restaurants in Lelystad
- Shopping in Lelystad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lelystad
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Lelystad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lelystad
Photos in LelystadSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Austria Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lago di Garda Intro, 13 reviews, 48 photos