"Naarden, a well kept fortified town!" Naarden by Roeffie
Naarden Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 56 photos
The fortified town of Naarden is the oldest town of the area called 't Gooi. There are of course the beautiful well kept fortifications.
Next to the fortifictions there are a museum about the fortifications and about the Tjech scientist Comenius.
The city hall and Spanish house are worth seeing as well.
Just enjoy a walk between the old houses.
For the kids there is a play garden called Oud Valkeveen.
The Grote or Sint Vituskerk, has beautiful ceilingpaintings. You can also climb the church tower.
Not far from Naarden is the Naardermeer a well preserved area of outstanding natural beauty. Lots of birds share the lake and it's surroundingsland.
Last but not least, Naarden is known as the home of a wellknown dutch interior designer Jan des Bouvrie. He has his shop in Het Arsenaal, which is part of the fortifications.
VVV Naarden It is always good to inform yourselve. So go to the TIC or in dutch VVV to get the latest news on events... more travel advice
Het Arsenaal Naarden The wellknown dutch interior designer Jan des Bouvries has one of his outlets here in... more travel advice
Roeffie's Related Pages
Naarden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Naarden, a well kept fortified town!"
- "NAARDEN..... fascinating to see"
- "Naarden, the starshaped city"
- "Naarden, NL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Naarden
- Hotels in Naarden
- Transportation in Naarden
- Restaurants in Naarden
- Shopping in Naarden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Naarden
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (180)
Have you been to Naarden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Naarden
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Austria Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lago di Garda Intro, 13 reviews, 48 photos