"Oosterbeek, a place to remember!" Top 5 Page for this destination Oosterbeek by Roeffie
Oosterbeek Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 90 photos
Hartestein is the last place where the British troops, under command of Sir Urquhart, struggled and waited for reinforcements coming from the south in september 1944.
Who isn't familiar with Operation Market Garden?
This museum gives you an idea on how it must have been to fight here.
I truly admire all the soldiers who fought in WW II for our freedom in which we live in today.
So if you are here stand still and overthink all the sacrifies they brought for the freedom of not only the Netherlands but the whole world.
Roeffie's Related Pages
Oosterbeek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The place where I am enjoying my work"
- "Oosterbeek, the battleground village"
- "Oosterbeek, a place to remember!"
- "A tribute to their effort to free us!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oosterbeek
- Hotels in Oosterbeek
- Transportation in Oosterbeek
- Warnings and Dangers in Oosterbeek
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oosterbeek
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Oosterbeek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oosterbeek
Top 10 Pages
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Austria Intro, 17 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egeskov Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (40)
Latest Oosterbeek hotel reviews
- De Bilderberg
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 30, 2013