"Nice old town on the river Maas!" Ravenstein by Roeffie
Ravenstein Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 35 photos
Ravenstein is a little old town at the river Maas. It has still a lot of 16th and 17th century houses.
Parts of citywalls and gates still remain like the 16th century "Maaspoort".
The Lucia Church is a unique church. This type of church is not very common for the Netherlands. The building of the church was financed by a lottery held here from 1729 to 1783. The winning combination was pronounced at the "Maaspoort".
A nice old town good for a walk and a drink on the terraces. There are no big attractions or museums overhere.
One of the two remaining city gates is called Maaspoort. The winning combination of the Ravensteinse lottery was... more travel advice
Today Ravenstein is part of Oss a bigger town of over 50,000 inhabitants. Until January 1st 2004 Ravenstein used this... more travel advice
Roeffie's Related Pages
Ravenstein Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nice old town on the river Maas!"
- "Ravenstein, a pictoresk little fortresstown"
- "A little fortified town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ravenstein
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (178)
Have you been to Ravenstein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ravenstein
- Posted in Travel United Kingdom Forum "Re: Self Contained Cottages"
- Wrote a Review One of the remaining gates! in Ravenstein Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "One of the remaining gates!"
- created a Ravenstein Travel Page "Nice old town on the river Maas!"
- Commented on one of Pavlik_NL's Ravenstein travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Austria Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lago di Garda Intro, 13 reviews, 48 photos