"Wijchen, pronounced wiegen" Wijchen by Roeffie
Wijchen Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 52 photos
Wijchen is a nice town almost attached with Nijmegen.
Wijchen has several nice restaurants, a castle, a big indoor playgarden for your kids and it lies between a variety of landscapes like forests and riverlandscapes.
Directly next to Wijchen is an area of outstanding natural beauty named "Overasseltse en Hatertse vennen.
This is a nice forest area with little lakes with several walking routes. Most of them start at Restaurant St. Walrick. (see my tips)
Another thing I like about Wijchen is it's cinema. It is what they call a service cinema. No breaks in a movie. Just push a button and you are served with drinks etc.
During the season there are several events in Wijchen like a castle fair, One day of the Vierdaagse of Nijmegen, Big Jazz party and so on.
Dutch pancakes in all kinds of varieties and further normal local cuisine following the french style of cooking. Great... more travel advice
Kasteel Wijchen In the castle is a little museum with a collection of prehistoric, roman and medieval attributes... more travel advice
Roeffie's Related Pages
Wijchen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wijchen Page"
- "Castle tour through "Gelderland Riverarea"."
- "Commuter's town with a few secrets"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wijchen
- 5 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (178)
Have you been to Wijchen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wijchen
Photos in WijchenSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Austria Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lago di Garda Intro, 13 reviews, 48 photos