"The deep blue and cold lake!" Achensee by Roeffie
Achensee Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 24 photos
The Achensee is just south of the Austrian-German border. It's a very cold but beautiful lake. It lies at an altitude of 930 m.
With it's length of 9 km and its 72o ha., it's the largest natural formed lake of Tirol. The lake has a depth of 135 m and has te most beautiful color you have ever seen.
The visiting opportunities are great.
Southern part of Bavaria is within a few miles. Places like Tegernsee, Bad Tölz etc.
To the south Gerlos, Krimml, Rattenberg, Innsbrück. All within easy reach to visit.
On the Achensee you'll only find a few smaller villages like Achenkirch, Pertisau and Maurach.
Rofan Funicular The funicular takes you up to 1840 m into the Rofan Range, where you have lots of possibilities to hike... more travel advice
Tiroler Steinöl Vitalberg Opening Hours Mon-Sun 9.00-17.30 hrs. Entrance fees Adults € 4,80 Children under 12 yrs.... more travel advice
Roeffie's Related Pages
Achensee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hiking around Achensee on a beautiful Spring day."
- "The deep blue and cold lake!"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Achensee
- 8 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Achensee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Achensee
Top 10 Pages
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Austria Intro, 17 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egeskov Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos