"See, Städtchen und Almen!" Hermagor by Roeffie
Hermagor Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 19 photos
Presseggersee is one of the smallest lakes in Carinthia, only 1/6 th of it is actually water and 5/6th is a more swampy area around the lake. There are several beaches around it all privately owned, so you will have to pay an entrance or stay on a campsites to use it. The water is quit warm and can reach temeperatures to 26-28 degrees Celsius.
We stayed in Hotel Alpen Adria a 4* hotel only 100 meters from the lake.
Hermagor and direct surroundings has all you want in a holiday! In Summer as well as in Winter season.
A lake, alpine meadows, a beautiful gorge, a nice town, good hotels and campsites. Everything within a few miles around Hermagor.
Hermagor as all the shops you need from supermarkets to toystores, bakers etc. etc.
South of Hermagor, direct at the Austrian-Italian Border you have several "Almen" or alpine meadows where cows and horses peacefully graze in the summersun. From about 1.300 to 1.800 meters you have in order of appearance Egger Alm, Dellacher Alm and Poludniger Alm.
It is a magnificent area to hike through the Austrian an Italian mountains.
When driving to these Almen you'll pass Garnitzenklamm which is a beautiful gorge to hike through. See one of may tips.
- In a nutshell:Peaceful, Friendly and relaxed!
Poludniger alm is at about 1,750 m high and has great views across the Carinthian mountains and the Gailtal. You can go... more travel advice
Roeffie's Related Pages
Hermagor Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Hermagor
- 3 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (178)
Have you been to Hermagor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hermagor
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Austria Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lago di Garda Intro, 13 reviews, 48 photos