"Ancient Tirolean glass and Crystal town!" Top 5 Page for this destination Rattenberg by Roeffie
Rattenberg Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 131 photos
Rattenberg got it's city rights in 1393. It is a small town that lies between the river Inn and the Castle on the Stadtberg.
It is a lively old town with a nice church, a few museums and it's most known for its many glass workers and shops, where beautiful pieces of art are made with all kinds of colored glass.
In early days the city of Rattenberg was prosperous thanks to the mining activities. The activities mainly consisted of silver mining. This town still has it’s medieval character. Do visit the Pfarrkirche with it’s rococo fresco’s.
Romantics should visit this town, situated on the bank of the Inn river. Lying at the foot of the 'Stadtberg' and exhibiting beautiful streets built in the Medieval times, you must love this town. It is also known for its Crystalworks and -shops.
A very nice shop/café with lots of delicious pies and cakes to eat inside or on the terrace of to take away. A nice... more travel advice
Roeffie's Related Pages
Rattenberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of Austria's smallest cities"
- "Rattenberg, Tyrol"
- "Ancient Tirolean glass and Crystal town!"
- "Rattenberg - Sits Pretty on the banks of the Inn"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rattenberg
- Hotels in Rattenberg
- Transportation in Rattenberg
- Restaurants in Rattenberg
- Shopping in Rattenberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rattenberg
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (178)
Have you been to Rattenberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rattenberg
Photos in RattenbergSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Austria Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lago di Garda Intro, 13 reviews, 48 photos