"Discover the treasures of Rye" Rye by Roeffie
Rye Travel Guide: 94 reviews and 264 photos
Once, long ago, the hill-top town of Rye was an island, surrounded by the rivers Rother, Brede and Tillingham. High above the marshes and the sea lies this beautiful ancient town, with lots of old houses and landmarks. Its pitoresque medieval streets make you think you're back in early 16th century.
Mermaid Street is one of the most characteristic street of Rye.
In early days this was Smuggler's paradise. They all met at the Mermaid Inn to trade their goods.
The Landgate is the only part left of the old gates and city walls.
Roeffie's Related Pages
Rye Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Historic, Medieval Rye"
- "Rye - East Sussex Gem"
- "Historic Sussex Town on the Kent Border"
- "A Night and Day in Rye"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rye
- Hotels in Rye
- Transportation in Rye
- Nightlife in Rye
- Restaurants in Rye
- Shopping in Rye
- Warnings and Dangers in Rye
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rye
- 2 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (180)
Have you been to Rye?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rye
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Austria Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lago di Garda Intro, 13 reviews, 48 photos