"Discover the treasures of Rye" Rye by Roeffie
Rye Travel Guide: 89 reviews and 240 photos
Once, long ago, the hill-top town of Rye was an island, surrounded by the rivers Rother, Brede and Tillingham. High above the marshes and the sea lies this beautiful ancient town, with lots of old houses and landmarks. Its pitoresque medieval streets make you think you're back in early 16th century.
Mermaid Street is one of the most characteristic street of Rye.
In early days this was Smuggler's paradise. They all met at the Mermaid Inn to trade their goods.
The Landgate is the only part left of the old gates and city walls.
Roeffie's Related Pages
Rye Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Historic, Medieval Rye"
- "Rye - East Sussex Gem"
- "Historic Sussex Town on the Kent Border"
- "A Night and Day in Rye"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rye
- Hotels in Rye
- Transportation in Rye
- Nightlife in Rye
- Restaurants in Rye
- Shopping in Rye
- Warnings and Dangers in Rye
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rye
- 2 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Rye?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rye
- Posted in Travel Netherlands Forum "RE: RE: A week in Holland -- What..."
- Commented on one of Rachael71's Rye travel pages
- Wrote a Review Historical Town Walk in Rye Things to Do
- created a Rye Travelogue "Walking through the Ancient town of Rye Part 2"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Walking through the Ancient town of Rye Part 2"
Top 10 Pages
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Austria Intro, 17 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egeskov Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos