"Jægerspris, first a castle then a village." Jægerspris by Roeffie
Jægerspris Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 11 photos
As often in Denmark the castle was built first and later the built a village next to it.
The castle was first built somewhere around 1250 and rebuilt in its actual shape between 1721 and 1731.
Frederik VII bought the house from the State of Denmark and used it to meet "Countess" Danner (Balletdancer Louise Rasmussen) in summer. The house was left to her when Frederik VII died. She made an Orphanage from it.
The park and castle can be visited. There are guided tours in the main house and the park is free to the public.
Roeffie's Related Pages
Jægerspris Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Jægerspris
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Jægerspris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jægerspris
Top 10 Pages
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Austria Intro, 17 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Egeskov Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valkenburg Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos