"Center of the Danish Lake District" Top 5 Page for this destination Silkeborg by Roeffie
Silkeborg Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 45 photos
Silkeborg lies between the danish hills at the river Gudenåen.
The legend of the birth of Silkeborg tells us the next story:
Once a bishop named Peder travelled here and decided to build a farm. The problem was he had no idea where he should build it.
One time he sailed on the river Gudenåen. He took his silk hat and threw it in the river and said: Wherever my hat comes a shore, ther I will build my farm.
He built the farm on the exact spot and called it Silkeborg.
Silke = danish for silk.
Borg = danish for farm.
One of the most beautiful places in Silkeborg is without doubt the Sejsvej, which is next to the Guden?en river. There is a good footpath along the river, that gives you great views on the lovely houses across the river. The steamboat Hjejlen starts at the beginning of the Sejsvej and brings you for example to Himmelbjeget across the river and lake.
Visit the Silkeborg Turistbureau
Havnen, Ahavevej 2a, Silkeborg
Tel.+45 86 82 19 11
Actually not in but near Silkeborg is the Himmelbjerget. The hill is not more then 147 m high, but since there is not a much higher point around the views are great. It is possible to climb the towe on top of Himmelbjerget to have an even nicer view.
Himmelbjerget Himmelbjerget is a 147 m high hill near Silkeborg, which can be reached by car, boat orr on foot. It... more travel advice
Roeffie's Related Pages
Silkeborg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A town surrounded by lakes"
- "Silkeborg - Nature and Lakes"
- "Center of the Danish Lake District"
- "my teeny weeny Silkeborg page"
- "Himmelbjerget - Sky Mountain"
- "silkeborg, denmark"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Silkeborg
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (180)
Have you been to Silkeborg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Silkeborg
Photos in SilkeborgSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nijmegen Intro, 35 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 28 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 26 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Austria Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lago di Garda Intro, 13 reviews, 48 photos