"Roeffie's Lago di Garda Page" Lago di Garda by Roeffie

Lago di Garda Travel Guide: 495 reviews and 1,182 photos

Our 5th trip to Lake Garda and it never bores!

Everytime I drive down road SS240 from the Brenner autobahn into Nago and Torbole and get the first glimps of the lake I instantly am in holiday mode.

The incredible view on the mountains above Limone sul Garda and Riva del Garda everytime takes my breath away or as my youngest daughter describes it:" Those mountains can't be real are they drawn?"

And I must say I understand here completely. To really visit the lake and the direct surroundings will take you some weeks,depending on the fact if you want to do the quick tour or a deep dive.

I think it's worth a deep dive so I will come back here evey now and than to discover something new again.

My first stay was in I would say 1990 in Limone sul Garda, my second one also Limone sul Garda was in 1994 and again in 1998. After a long break I visited Lake Garda last year 2013 and stayed up in the mountains in a little village called Ronzo-Chienis and this year 2014 we stayed in a hotel in Torri del Benaco.

If I compare the traffic nowadays to the first time I visited I think it's geeting less crowded in the summer period, but still the weekends are crowded on the lake side roads.

My favorite villages are:

Riva del Garda, Limone sul Garda, Torri del Benaco, Sirmione, Malcesine, Lazise and Bardolino.

I don't come here for the big attractions like Gardaland or Canevaworld but for the little towns and the beautiful nature around Lake Garda.

I visited a lot but I think I easily can fill up another month at the lake and surroundings.

I (will make) made seperate pages for Riva del Garda, Torri del Benaco, Limone sul Garda and Sirmione.

Greetings Roeffie

• Last visit to Lago di Garda: Jul 2014
  • Intro Updated Aug 14, 2014

Roeffie Visits Here Frequently!

“Life is what you make it!!!”

Badges & Stats in Lago di Garda

Have you been to Lago di Garda?

Latest Activity in Lago di Garda