"Neenah" Neenah by kellensdad
Neenah Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 19 photos
The Neenah Lighthouse is situated where the "Old Council Tree" once stood for many years. The Old Council Tree was where the native Menominee Indians would gather for pow-wows.
The land where the lighthouse is located (Kimberly Point) was donated by Mrs. Helen Kimberly Stuart (of Kimberly-Clark fame) in 1929.
The city name of Neenah came from the Menominee Indian's word for water.
Here they are, the Lavery's. Straight out of your typical sitcom, The Lavery's have two kids and 4 dogs and live in Neenah.
This is our "Crib". Crib is not a meaningful word derived from the Menominee Indians but, rather, a term derived from MTV.
- Pros:Great place to raise a family
- Cons:Long, long winter!
- In a nutshell:A great place to live!
If your lucky enough to get tickets, take the 40 minute drive north to watch the Green Bay Packers play. Watch the... more travel advice
kellensdad's Related Pages
Neenah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Neenah – Lake Winnebago never looked better"
- "My REAL Hometown!!!"
- "Wisconsin Winter in Neenah"
- "Neenah / Menasha"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Neenah
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Neenah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Neenah
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Switzerland Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Napa Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Wisconsin Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Two Rivers Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Readstown Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tarragona Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dublin Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos