"Krakow one of the most beautiful cities of Europe" Krakow by MATIM
Krakow Travel Guide: 4,498 reviews and 10,588 photos
The biggest mediaval square in Europe, at 200 m by 200 m, retains its original architecture and urban planning to this day. In 2005 Krakow's main square took first place in the first international ranking of "world's greatest squares"., organized by project for Public spaces, an organization which has worked to revitalize urban public spaces for over 30 years.
The main square and the grid of adjoining streets were laid out in 1257 during the city's reorganization according to the Magdeburg law.
Several buildings from that era still stand here to this day.
The cloth hall which is located at its centre, originally built as a bazaar, becoming the main building of the national museum in Krakow for over a century.
The square is a place for people to gather, for summer festivals, concerts and fairs.
- Pros:a city easy to walk / very good place for a meeting
- Cons:can't think of any
MATIM's Related Pages
Krakow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heart of Europe and Poland"
- "Krakow - Ancient Capital of Poland"
- "Krakow: Rome in Poland."
- "Krakow ~ Everybody's Favourite!"
- "How could you not love Krakow?"
- "EUROMEET IN KRAKOW POLAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Krakow
- Hotels in Krakow
- Transportation in Krakow
- Nightlife in Krakow
- Restaurants in Krakow
- Shopping in Krakow
- Warnings and Dangers in Krakow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Krakow
- 1 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krakow
Photos in KrakowSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 64 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gilze Intro, 35 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 37 reviews, 73 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 46 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 4 reviews, 66 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albufeira Intro, 31 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 8 reviews, 51 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Deventer Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rotterdam Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos