"A cycling tour from Amerongen to Wijk bij Duursted" Kasteel Amerongen by MATIM
Kasteel Amerongen Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 7 photos
On a beautiful sunny Saturday in August we decide to drive by car to Amerongen.
I am sad I didn't took a picture of the ferry that brought us across the river Rijn to Amerongen with in the distance the Utrechtse heuvelrug. Believe me it looked so beautiful.
Also we park the car near the castle and start our bicycle tour towards Wijk bij Duurstede.
This route has not that much bicycle roads and unfortunatly a lot of motor and car clubs decide to use the same route that day.
- Pros:a beautiful area for a bike ride
- Cons:unfortunatly there are not that many cycle path
The Castle Amerongen was built in 1673 on the site of a previous stronghold that had been burned in 1672 by the... more travel advice
MATIM's Related Pages
Kasteel Amerongen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A castle yet to be discovered"
- "A cycling tour from Amerongen to Wijk bij Duursted"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kasteel Amerongen
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Kasteel Amerongen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kasteel Amerongen
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 64 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gilze Intro, 35 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 37 reviews, 73 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 46 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 4 reviews, 66 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albufeira Intro, 31 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 8 reviews, 51 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Deventer Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rotterdam Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos