"Buren also called "Orange town"" Buren by MATIM
Buren Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 53 photos
Buren is also called "Orange town"because here lived the ancestors of the Dutch royal family.
Willem of Orange married with Anna van Buren.
Some members of the royal family used the name van Buren when they want to be incognito. Specially Queen Wilhelmina liked to use this name.
But also our future King Willem Alexander uses it sometimes. When he drove the eleven city ride in Friesland on skates, he signed in as W.A van Buren.
I liked the landscape just outside Buren, behind the wall so much that I decide to make some pictures from it too, to... more travel advice
In this church (the St. Lambertus church), William of Orange and Anna van Buren where married. The church dates from... more travel advice
MATIM's Related Pages
Buren Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buren also called "Orange town""
- "Buren - heart of the Betuwe"
- "Little city of Buren and the royal link."
- "Buren (Gld)"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Dubai Hotels
- Goa Hotels
- Boston Hotels
- Fort Bonifacio Hotels
- Charleston Hotels
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Henrys Lake State Park Hotels
- Pondicherry Hotels
- Bali Hotels
- Table Rock State Park Hotels
- Tobago Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- La Spezia
- Laoag City
- Marigondon Hotels
- Puerto Rico Hotels
Badges & Stats in Buren
- 15 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Buren?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buren
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 64 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gilze Intro, 35 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 37 reviews, 73 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 46 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 4 reviews, 66 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albufeira Intro, 31 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 8 reviews, 51 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Deventer Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rotterdam Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos