"Deventer" Top 5 Page for this destination Deventer by MATIM

Deventer Travel Guide: 121 reviews and 322 photos

Deventer: A Hospitable Hanseatic City

Deventer is one of the oldest cities of the Netherlands.
As a town with rights and privileges of a municipal corporation and imperial privileges, Deventer became a member of the Hanse pact.
Deventer has a very rich history with you can see at the squares, streets, houses and churches.
What I did before I start a walking tour through Deventer, is getting a tourist guide at the local vvv, meaning information.
You can find the ANWB/VVV Deventer at Keizerstraat 22
phone number: 0031-(0)570-691410

This "citywalk map" lead me to the most important places of Deventer.
My daughter was my guide, she direct me the way and read me all the important information I needed to know.
Walk with us throw this beautiful town called Deventer..............

• Pros:don't miss this place when you visit the Netherlands, it has a lot of history
  • Cons:can't think of any
  • Last visit to Deventer: May 2004
  • Intro Updated May 12, 2004

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2009 at 2:48 PM

That warehouse is ornate and the rest of your picture are wonderful Thank you for the tour of another lovely place in a great country

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Wonderful architecture indeed! Thanks for your page, Ilse! ><><><

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2007 at 1:11 AM

What an interesting city! Thanks for the virtual tour. Greetings from stormy Zurich

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2004 at 5:03 AM

I really like your new homepage picture. Deventer is a charming little town. I saw a bit of it with a friend a couple of years ago. We're looking forward to going to Biloxi. Hope the weather will be good. Hugs. Lori.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2004 at 5:17 PM

Beautiful Ilse ,I remember you talked about finding this nice Town Deventer ,Lori saw some of the town ,but I stayed with my friend at home working on pictures ,we were there last october Thanks for showing it Loved the kids on the Brink

• Hi_Im_Phil's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2004 at 7:26 PM

goed gedaan deze pagina, ik voel alsof ik zelf op die tour ben geweest.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2004 at 6:20 AM

Nice page. Are any photos from the Breda meeting coming up?

• sim1's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2004 at 3:47 PM

Great page Ilse! And great to see another Deventer page on VT! I've been here often but somehow never took that many pictures. Thanks for this page as it brings back many memories for me :-)))

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2004 at 3:39 PM

What an interesting place with great architecture ! I did not know that there were Hanse-towns in the Netherlands !

MATIM

“Love, shine a light in every corner of the world.”

Badges & Stats in Deventer

Have you been to Deventer?

Latest Activity in Deventer