Geertruidenberg Things to Do Tips by MATIM
Geertruidenberg Things to Do: 4 reviews and 8 photos
Geertruidenberg is the oldest city of Holland, at 1213 count Willem 1 from Holland gave St. Geertruidenberg city rights.
At the late middle-age the city was a very important trade centre where counts and noble gathered to look after their interest.
The St. Elisabeths float (1421) made an end at this important trade center. The city got a part of the fortify border instead.
Not until 1813 Geertruidenberg belong to North Brabant.
Because Geertruidenberg was a fortified city you still find parts of the wall, the canons protected the city are still there.
We walked along the river the Donge to the bridge, forbidden for cars btw, at the other side of the bridge is Raamsdonksveer.
Raamsdonsveer has more shops but isn’t that elegant then Geertruidenberg.
The Geertruidschurch at the historical square dates from the 14th century.
They restore the church at 1990. It’s possible to climb the tower, for that you have to make an appointment at the tourist information located at Markt 46.
Address: church at the market square
At this building at markt 46 the tourist information is situated, also museum de Roos (roze) is situated here.
At the museum you can find live and work at the old days at this Holland oldest city.
I give you the dates of the days you can make a guided walking tour. A climb at the church tower is included.
Saturday 4 April at 14.00
Sunday 5 April at 14.00
Monday 13 April at 14.00
Thursday 30 April
Saturday and Sunday 2 and 3 May
July: 2,5,9,16,23, 30
August: 2,6,13,20 and 27
Starting point at tourist information
If you prefer to walk around on your own like we did, get a tourist map at the information centre.
In front of the information centre you see a tile with a mark, follow this marks they guide you to the most important spots of Geertruidenberg.
Address: Markt 46
MATIM's Related Pages
Geertruidenberg Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Geertruidenberg
- Transportation in Geertruidenberg
- Restaurants in Geertruidenberg
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sugar Mountain Hotels
- Juan Dolio Hotels
- East London Hotels
- Saint Julian's
- Adelaide Hotels
- Sankt Goar
Badges & Stats in Geertruidenberg
- 6 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Geertruidenberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Geertruidenberg
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 64 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gilze Intro, 35 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 37 reviews, 73 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 46 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 4 reviews, 66 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albufeira Intro, 31 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 8 reviews, 51 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Deventer Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rotterdam Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos