Gilze Things to Do Tips by MATIM
Gilze Things to Do: 12 reviews and 34 photos
Wash and Iron museum show you the history of doing the laundry .
The museum has started as a hobby of collecting all kinds of was - and iron objects.
This collection has developed in the course of time. Now the collection includes even more than 1600 objects, among which mangels, presses, fold grips and even a 17th century ironglas. There are washboards also several, wringers, beaters, was machines, wasstekken and all kinds of types admire soap. Also the laundry from former times is see.
Also you see how laundry was done in former, during the old days this was a hell of a job.
Visiting only after an appointment
access for wheel chairs
Very easy to reach by bus
A guide tour inclusive coffee or tea €3,-
Address: Nieuwstraat 96 5126 CG Gilze
Phone: (+31) (0)161-451863
If you are in the neighborhood and you have some time left to enjoy a beautiful garden, come to Gilze to public garden "d'n Overkaent".
Against the pond the Warande which you see further at this Gilze page you find this garden.
A place where you can enjoy many plants, trees and bushes.
There are not that many parks where you find this kind of difference. the best time to see the many plants in blom is from June till September.
Ponds .with beautiful fish, borders and waterfalls
Open every day from sunrise till sunset
When nobody is there just post the money at the mailbox at the enterange of the park.
Address: the park is situated across Strijp 32 Gilze
Directions: located between Breda and Tilburg
Phone: =0031 (0)161 451666
Abdis van Thornstraat
The trees in this street are so beautiful when they are in bloom, I sometimes make a detour just to enjoy it.
Everytime when I ride through this street I think that I have to make a picture of it, well I did eventually enjoy the view.
During my daily walks with my dog, one morning I discovered this beautiful white landscape, I rush home to get my camera.
Some children even try the ice
This house once belongs to mrs. Mol, later it was the mayors house.
again a picture from the park
This is a picture from our park.
They call the park "Mollenbos" (mole woods) that is because the park ones belong to a mrs Mole who lived in the big house just outside the park.
Ones a year a big party is kept in the park. Saturday evening their is a big concert.
Sunday morning an other concert from the local brass band, in the afternoon a lot of different activities like pantomime, puppet show, magic show etc.
More Reviews (28)
- See All Directly at motorway A58
- See All very cosy
- See All The ice cream king
- I am not sure where to add this Cafe?
MATIM's Related Pages
Gilze Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "my "home town""
- "These pages are dedicated to Ilse & her family."
- "Welcome to Gilze"
- "My hometown!"
- "Gilze-Rijen airbase"
- "DEDICATED TO ILSE AND FAMILY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gilze
- Hotels in Gilze
- Nightlife in Gilze
- Restaurants in Gilze
- Shopping in Gilze
- See All...
Explore the World
- Vigan Hotels
- Pymatuning State Park Hotels
- Gangtok Hotels
- Pondicherry Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
Badges & Stats in Gilze
- 35 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Gilze?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gilze
Photos in GilzeSee All Photos (77)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 64 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gilze Intro, 35 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 37 reviews, 73 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 46 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 4 reviews, 66 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albufeira Intro, 31 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 8 reviews, 51 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Deventer Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rotterdam Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (86)
Latest Gilze hotel reviews
- Van Der Valk Hotel Gilze Rijen
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013