"Oosterbeek" Top 5 Page for this destination Oosterbeek by MATIM
Oosterbeek Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 93 photos
Oosterbeek is a small town just outside Arnhem, along the river Rhine.
During the second world war there was a major battlefield at this area.
At this former hotel, is the Airborne museum situated.
The airborne invasion was the British Gerneral Montgomery's idea, called "Market garden? . They didn't have the ability to get good, up to the minute information about enemy dispositions back ten, and were surprised to find German crack troops in the area rather than the conscripts the Allies thought were there.
This monument is situated across the Airborne museum. To honour the victims during the second world war more travel advice
MATIM's Related Pages
Oosterbeek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The place where I am enjoying my work"
- "Oosterbeek, the battleground village"
- "Oosterbeek, a place to remember!"
- "Operation Market Garden Tour – Oosterbeek"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oosterbeek
- Hotels in Oosterbeek
- Transportation in Oosterbeek
- Warnings and Dangers in Oosterbeek
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oosterbeek
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Oosterbeek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oosterbeek
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 64 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gilze Intro, 35 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 37 reviews, 73 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 46 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 4 reviews, 66 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albufeira Intro, 31 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 8 reviews, 51 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Deventer Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rotterdam Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos