"Picturesque Elounda" Top 5 Page for this destination Elounda by MATIM
Elounda Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 162 photos
The first time I visit Elounda was in 1987, 19 years later I discovered it didn’t change a bit.
Elounda still didn't lost it's charm, the souvenir shops where still there, the water tanks where still on the roofs, the water pipe that broke then wasn't still properly made and the neighbour from our apartment still install all his mess in his garden.
the most pleasant surprise of Elounda was that the tavern where they broadcasted "who pays the ferryman" 30 years ago, is still there to our surprise the owner was still alive , he also didn't change one bit :)
Across Elounda lies the Island Spinalonga, till 1957 leprosy patience where evacuated to this Island. A small fisher boat take you to this island.
Elounda counts 1650 inhabitants, the centre is directly along the nice little harbour.
The market is every Friday morning along the harbour.
The small Greek orthodox church is worth to have a look inside.
The most famous tavern of Elounda, because the movie "who pays the ferryman" broadcasting by the BBC in 1977 is... more travel advice
Elounda is a small village 12 km from Agios Nicholaos, I tell you about this charming town in my next travel page. First... more travel advice
MATIM's Related Pages
Elounda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Walk And A Boat Trip In Elounda & Spinalonga"
- "Picturesque town with too much brits"
- "Elounda on Crete"
- "Elounda-A perfect holiday resort."
- "Picturesque Elounda"
- "a lucky break"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Elounda
- Hotels in Elounda
- Transportation in Elounda
- Restaurants in Elounda
- Shopping in Elounda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Elounda
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Elounda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Elounda
Photos in EloundaSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 64 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gilze Intro, 35 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 37 reviews, 73 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 46 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 4 reviews, 66 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albufeira Intro, 31 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 8 reviews, 51 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Deventer Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rotterdam Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos