"MATIM's new Portugal Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Albufeira by MATIM

Albufeira Travel Guide: 362 reviews and 675 photos

Hello, thank you very much for visiting my Albufeira page.
Not all the pictures in this page are made in Albufeira. But at places not too fare from the village.
We have been in the Algarve in February 1989 and january 1990.
We rented a car and drove around to explore the area.
The first time we stayed in a small village with a beautiful beach called Armacao de Pera, the next year we stayed in Quarteira.

Algarve the best known beach area in Portugal.
Well developed resort coastline, but it is still possible to find a quit, relatively empty beach.
The water is calm and warm

• Intro Updated Mar 6, 2004

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2010 at 7:47 AM

Ilse, lovely page about the Algarve, which is still on my list. Up to now I only came through Faro. Also I already drank a few pints of Sagres beer, not knowing that it comes from the end of the world. *winkygrin*

• Dec 31, 2007 at 10:58 AM

Great Picture. Where was it taken from and what is the town that we see? Thanks Gerry

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2007 at 6:57 PM

Lovely images - we also stayed in Armacao de Pera, but I was even less kind than you in appraising the village. But the beach - ohmygod. My daughter was in Seville for one semester and returned to Alb for a week and loved it. Party town I guess.

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2006 at 12:43 AM

Hello Ilse! Happy Birthday from Finland! Your Albufeira page is fantastic! I enjoyed so much my virtual tourist there and could re-live my holiday in Algarve. Thank you for sharing. Cheers, Sini

• quartinb's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2004 at 7:57 PM

overall a great algarve page with my fave, armaçao de pera and tavira...!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2004 at 5:43 PM

A very nice page on your Algarve experiences. Not many people on the beach in the winter I see!!

• benidormone's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2004 at 9:02 PM

Albufeira looks very beatiful, must have been a good holiday!

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2004 at 2:44 PM

Ilse a beautiful page an some of the picture we recognise ,because we stood on the same beach .It was beautiful there and you made a great page .Portugal is very nice Bye Ilse.

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2004 at 2:00 PM

What a shame I missed Algarve when I was in Portugal! I have to come back and correct the error! Great page you have here!

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2004 at 1:25 PM

nice to see the fishing boats , working side of algarve

MATIM

“Love, shine a light in every corner of the world.”

Badges & Stats in Albufeira

Have you been to Albufeira?

Latest Activity in Albufeira