"Bacharach" Top 5 Page for this destination Bacharach by MATIM

Bacharach Travel Guide: 122 reviews and 331 photos

Bacharach really surprised us, we didn't plan to visit this place but circumstance made us go there and we didn't where sorry at all.
bacharach is a nice charming little town.
With beautiful, I think real German, gables.
We went by bike from Bingen to Bacharach, we planed to ride all the way to to St Goar, but unfortunately less of time made us stop in Bacharach, there we took the boat back to Bingen.
actually we stayed in Rudesheim so we had to take the ferry from Bingen to Rudesheim also.
Almost in every town along the Rhine a boat stop and brings you to other places along the Rhine.
Also the train connection is great, I think the Netherlands can learn a lot about that.

• Pros:along the Rhine it is nice flat to cycle
  • Cons:can't think of any
  • Last visit to Bacharach: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Sep 19, 2004

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Great that you went cycling along the Rhine and also camped there by the river. I was in Bacharach last weekend for a small VT meeting with travelfrosch (Mark), sarams (Sara) and their baby Ryan from New York, also trekki (Ingrid) from Germany.

• wabIV's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Thank you for the helpful tips and great photos. I'm looking forward to visiting this quaint town in a couple of weeks. All the best.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2007 at 8:16 AM

Ilse, lovely page with brilliant photos of one of the gems of the river Rhine. I already passed Bacharach a couple of times by train but never had the time to visit it properly.

• cadzand's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2005 at 12:54 PM

Bacharah mag dan nog verbroederd zijn met Overijse, hier ben ik nog nooit geweest. Ziet er anders heel mooi uit. Een tip voor een trip.

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2004 at 6:41 AM

The Rhine shore is pretty cool -- I sort of rediscovered it after returning from Prague. We don't have a Charles Bridge here, but the riverscape still is quite impressive, and I can go there every day if I want to.

• chicabonita's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2004 at 3:52 AM

I really had no idea that Bacharach is as lovely as I saw it on your pics!

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2004 at 12:53 PM

Such a lovely Castle, and the oldest building from the 14th century is so quaint

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2004 at 9:50 PM

Great page! I loved Bacharach too!! You can definitely stay in Burg Stahleck...we stayed there when we visited!! Check out my page on Koblenz if you want to see pics. :)

• jackfruit's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2004 at 3:33 AM

Great pics and tips! It's possible to visit the Burg Staleck - it's converted into a hostel and that's where I am staying when I visit in April!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2004 at 8:55 PM

cycling along the Rhine must be wonderful ! This lovely page brings back great memories !!

MATIM

“Love, shine a light in every corner of the world.”

Badges & Stats in Bacharach

Have you been to Bacharach?

Latest Activity in Bacharach