"Best wishes from the Netherlands" MATIM's Profile
The average tourist wants to go to places
where there are no tourists!
A journey is like marriage.
The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.
If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people.
You might better stay at home.
The worst thing about being a tourist is having other tourists recognize you as a tourist.
People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home.
The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.
This is what they do with you when you virtual attend a meeting.
They put you in the mouth of a crocodile!
During summer holiday 2008 we went rafting at the Durance in France.
My favorite animals are dogs.
At the age of 9 I got my first dog, my mam wasn't too found of giving me an animal for my birthday, however that was all I wished for.
On a Sunday we went to the bird market in Antwerp Belgium. 30 years ago it was still allowed to sell animals at the market.
There we found a little dog, because my birthday is in Februari it was very cold and the dog was lying near a heater. My mother was so sorry for the dog, so she bought a blanket for him at that same market and carry him the whole afternoon!
His name was Bonnie and we had him for 16 years.
After that I had a golden retriever, I had him for 14 years, then we bought Max.
Max loves his cuddly toy he never goes anywhere without him :)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 936 Reviews
- 1,824 Photos
- 21 Countries
- 107 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
- Posted in Travel Amsterdam Forum "Re: Is it safe for a 20 year old..."
- Commented on one of HORSCHECK's Istanbul tips
- updated a Gilze Travel Page "my "home town""
- Uploaded a Photo to "my "home town""
- MATIM and gubbi1 are now friends.
- Wrote a Review De pomp(en) in Baarle-Nassau Favorites
updated their Profile Page "Best wishes from the Netherlands"
- Uploaded a Video to Breda
VideosSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 64 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gilze Intro, 35 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breda Intro, 37 reviews, 73 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 46 photos
- Karlsruhe Intro, 4 reviews, 66 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albufeira Intro, 31 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 8 reviews, 51 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Deventer Intro, 23 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rotterdam Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22161 Reviews - 53866 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1908 Reviews - 4459 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7630 Reviews - 19467 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos