"Aelcome in DRONTEN" Dronten by Masada
Dronten Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 16 photos
The city of Dronten exists out of the villages Dronten,Biddinghuizen en Swifterbant.Dronten is the second biggest municipality (city) in the Netherlands,an area of 42.400 hectare with about 35.000 inhabitants.
Thousands of acres of forest and plantation are layed out.In those forests cycle,rider and walking pathes are stringed together.
Beside the so called "randmeren" with many beaches camping terrains,bungalow parks,marinas and vast grounds for the day- holiday makers.The amount of water in and around Dronten offers water sporters and fishing enthusiasts unprecedented space.
---------- DID YOU KNOW---------------
* more then 300 shipwrecks are waiting to be discovered on the Flevolandse soil (water).
*there is a sea harbor near Dronten that only costs 670 guilders,we are talking about the remains of the former harbour of Elburg though.
*foot prints were found near Swifterbant of more then 4500 years old
*3 neolythic graves were found near Ketelburg,at which a headband of amberwas found in one of the graves.
*in 793 Biddinghuizen was named in the charterbook of Gelre & Zutphen as Bidningahusum...
- Pros:Peacefull,beautiful environment,lots of history
- In a nutshell:A place to relax,to see and then to wave goodbye!
The reason this place was & still is special for me,is because its where my boyfriend works.This company repairs damaged... more travel advice
Livebandes,themes and other things. No dates for anything at the moment. Well,i think you might want to wear something... more travel advice
Masada's Related Pages
Dronten Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Dronten
- Nightlife in Dronten
- Restaurants in Dronten
- Shopping in Dronten
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dronten
- 7 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Dronten?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dronten
Top 10 Pages
- Almere-Stad Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Taunton Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- France Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Heinenoord Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dronten Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Plymouth Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Zaandam Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cardiff 1 review, 3 photos
- Coventry 1 review