"Le temps Longtemps..." Rodrigues by majoe
Rodrigues Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 58 photos
Just thinking about Rodrigues, give me a feeling of well being and peace. Those who are looking forward in experiencing eco-tourism, Rodrigues is the place to be...a quite spiritual and natured environment.
Indeed this little island 560km east of Mauritius has been untouched by modernisation. The "Rodriguais" are very friendly and laid back. I spent a week in Rogrigues 4 years ago and it has been the most relaxing holidays I can remember...
You can get there from mauritius by air or sea.
The Air Mauritius flies twice daily to Rodrigues and the flight duration is around 90 minutes.
The other way is by sea via Mauritius Pride which leaves the port every fortnight and the trip takes around 24 hours
- Pros:Beautiful landscape and people
- Cons:Not much night life for the party people
- In a nutshell:Life in the slow lane
I don't really have a tourist trap to share with you. The prince William visited the island 2 years ago and was said to... more travel advice
While in Rodrigue I travelled by bus to the capital. Others rent a car that can be arranged by the hotel staff at a few... more travel advice
majoe's Related Pages
Rodrigues Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sweet as Honey"
- "Le temps Longtemps..."
- "a different Mauritius"
- "Rodrigues Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rodrigues
- Hotels in Rodrigues
- Transportation in Rodrigues
- Nightlife in Rodrigues
- Restaurants in Rodrigues
- Shopping in Rodrigues
- Warnings and Dangers in Rodrigues
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rodrigues
- 11 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Rodrigues?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rodrigues
Top 5 Pages
- Rodrigues Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos, 3 travelogues
- Licola Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Australia Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- Mauritius Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Hobart Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo