"Grand Manan, New Brunswick" Grand Manan by coperez
Grand Manan Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 57 photos
I've taken two trips to Grand Manan - a place you're not likely to find on your own - and I will definitely go back again. You won't find any of the normal "touristy" things to do here; no kitschy shops, no all-inclusive resorts.
What you will find here is a rugged natural beauty in the landscape and ocean. You'll find birds and seals and whales. Hiking trails ring the island - which is only about 16 miles long and around 5 miles wide. Grand Manan is the place to go to decompress, to read a book in an adirondack chair while the seagulls chatter overhead.
I can't recommend this small, out-of-the-way island enough!
- Pros:Quiet, beautiful, rugged, natural, unspoiled.
- Cons:None - unless you are looking for exciting nightlife.
- In a nutshell:Relax in unspoiled natural beauty.
These can be any type of luggage you have, but make sure to bring along at least one backpack or daypack for hiking the... more travel advice
The west side of the island is generally composed of 150 to 300 foot cliffs with hiking trails all along them. But these... more travel advice
coperez's Related Pages
Grand Manan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grand Manan Island - Idyllic Ocean Getaway !"
- "Grand Manan, New Brunswick"
- "Grand Manan Island, New Brunswick, Canada"
- "An Island Afloat on the Bay of Fundy!"
- "Grand Manan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Manan
- Hotels in Grand Manan
- Transportation in Grand Manan
- Nightlife in Grand Manan
- Restaurants in Grand Manan
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Manan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Manan
- 6 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Grand Manan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Manan
No friends yet.