"Het Zwin Natural Reservation Park" Het Zwin by codrutz
Het Zwin Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 25 photos
Het Zwin is a beautiful place, I could say a must visit for Belgium. It is the first natural reservation in Belgium, in 1952 this kind of places were considered a revolutionary idea.
The area is flooded with water from the tides and the water evaporates, making this a proper environment for many bird species. It is also almost surrounded by a 10 meter high natural dams, behind which is the North Sea.
The area has 150ha, from which 25 are on Netherlands territory, that's because the park is exactly on the border with Netherlands.
The park was entirely renovated in 1990
There is also a remarkable zoo inside the Het Zwin Park with many wonderful birds living in a great habitat.
Near Het Zwin, at 3km, there is also a great place, called Butterfly Park, where you can enter in the world of colorful butterflies.
Butterflies are practically flying over your head, near your ears. A real treat for a photographer :) Careful not to step on ones that rest on the floor. Amazing silent creatures.
- Pros:Habitat for many species .. natural life wonder
- In a nutshell:Birdwatchers' heaven
Though they may have some other interesting worms and stuff to eat, they don't refuse some snacks (bread .. etc) from... more travel advice
codrutz's Related Pages
Het Zwin Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Het Zwin
- 18 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Het Zwin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Het Zwin
Photos in Het ZwinSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 83 reviews, 158 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 39 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Tropez Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 35 reviews, 76 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 39 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues