"It's clear - one of my top 5 destination to relax" Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut by codrutz

Help me make this a top5 page

Sankt Wolfgang am Wolfgangsee is actually one of the few places in which I have returned to stay - other than big cities like Paris, Vienna of course. I'm for going to see new places but this time in August 2008 I have returned to stay and relax in the same place as in August 2007 exactly one year before.

Seventh time in Austria (I can't help it), I went back in Sankt Wolfgang, stayed at the same pension - frau Cecilia Senjak is a very nice host - took again the Schafbergbahn, had again the round of the lake by bike, eat at the same restaurant and enjoy again summer feasts than lives this small village up with crowds of people coming from miles away just to have good time here into the night.

Sankt Wolfgang is some kind of attraction for all, as always, unexpected, something is going on and in the evening parking lots are full and streets are full of people, from a quiet village it becomes alive with live music, street vendors, bands and shows.

This time I've take the tour with my car to see the other lakes than the Wolfgangsee - Attersee (the most blue lake in Europe I think), Traunsee (electric boat rides on this lake are exceptionally nice), Mondsee, Fuschlsee. I have visited the other lakes - Gossau (green and accessible to round by foot) and Halstattersee (with the icon city Hallstadt) in 2007.

Over all, this is one of my strongest recommendation for a relaxing holiday destination. It has so many attraction at your finger tips - lakes, street events, the Schafbergbahn and the Schafberg 360 degrees panorama, the new relaxation complex in Bad Ischl, biking, walking, electric or normal boats - and many many more which expects you to discover.

Please vote my tips on this page - help me to make it a top5 page because I like this small Austrian village so much :) Thanks

• Last visit to Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut: Aug 2008
  • Intro Updated Sep 28, 2008

• mirchica's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Great page :)

• alancollins's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Great views from the top of the mountain and a unique railway to get there.

• Marisola's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Wow! Thanks for recommending this page on a small Austrian village! I love it! I will definitely check out and rate your tips, too.

• jorgec25's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Uau, what a funtastic place. Schafberg mountain looks absolutly amazing. We must go and tour around Austria soon. Great tips, you got my vote ;)

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2008 at 11:39 AM

One of these days I hope I will ride this train too, thanks for sharing codz!

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2007 at 10:55 PM

Yes, St Wolfgang is really a very charming town. My wife and I also visited it recently and had a great time there including the trip up Schafberg :)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2007 at 12:43 AM

oh yes, this is one of the most beautiful places around Salzburg and that pool in the lake is even heated in wintertime as far as I know.

• Fam.Rauca's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2007 at 1:07 AM

Ma bucur ca v-a placut aceasta regiune si sunt sigura ca ati petrecut cateva zile minunate aici. Salutari si uari de bine din Viena! Fam. Rauca

• adema29's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2007 at 11:59 AM

Anul trecut am ajuns si noi acolo si ne-a placut foarte mult! Superba toata regiunea, de altfel... Am vazut ca pregatesti un circuit frumos pentru septembrie:) Vacanta placuta!

• Ken-out-of-Bath's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2007 at 1:42 AM

St Wolfgang is great but I think that I prefer Brasov! Nice photos.

codrutz

“"Live your dreams!"”

Badges & Stats in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut

Have you been to Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut?

Latest Activity in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut