"It's clear - one of my top 5 destination to relax" Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut by codrutz
Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut Travel Guide: 142 reviews and 326 photos
Sankt Wolfgang am Wolfgangsee is actually one of the few places in which I have returned to stay - other than big cities like Paris, Vienna of course. I'm for going to see new places but this time in August 2008 I have returned to stay and relax in the same place as in August 2007 exactly one year before.
Seventh time in Austria (I can't help it), I went back in Sankt Wolfgang, stayed at the same pension - frau Cecilia Senjak is a very nice host - took again the Schafbergbahn, had again the round of the lake by bike, eat at the same restaurant and enjoy again summer feasts than lives this small village up with crowds of people coming from miles away just to have good time here into the night.
Sankt Wolfgang is some kind of attraction for all, as always, unexpected, something is going on and in the evening parking lots are full and streets are full of people, from a quiet village it becomes alive with live music, street vendors, bands and shows.
This time I've take the tour with my car to see the other lakes than the Wolfgangsee - Attersee (the most blue lake in Europe I think), Traunsee (electric boat rides on this lake are exceptionally nice), Mondsee, Fuschlsee. I have visited the other lakes - Gossau (green and accessible to round by foot) and Halstattersee (with the icon city Hallstadt) in 2007.
Over all, this is one of my strongest recommendation for a relaxing holiday destination. It has so many attraction at your finger tips - lakes, street events, the Schafbergbahn and the Schafberg 360 degrees panorama, the new relaxation complex in Bad Ischl, biking, walking, electric or normal boats - and many many more which expects you to discover.
Please vote my tips on this page - help me to make it a top5 page because I like this small Austrian village so much :) Thanks
Driving about half an hour on a climbing road from Sankt Wolfgang following Postdalm Arena signs you will reach this... more travel advice
This is one of my favorite dish, a slice of roasted pork, a slice of veal, a boiled sausage, sour cabbage, sour... more travel advice
codrutz's Related Pages
Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seamandrew's Sankt Wolfgang Page"
- "Sankt Wolfgang - Stunning Salzkammergut Sceneries"
- "Sankt Wolfgang"
- "It's clear - one of my top 5 destination to relax"
- "Lakeside Meeting of VT friends : -))"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- Hotels in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- Transportation in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- Nightlife in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- Restaurants in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- Shopping in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- Warnings and Dangers in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- 18 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- Posted in Travel Bucharest Forum "Re: Daily trips from Bucharest"
- Commented on one of alancollins's Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut travel pages
- Wrote a Review Postalm in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Postalm"
- updated a Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut Travelogue "More pics from Sankt Wolfgang"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 84 reviews, 158 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 39 reviews, 97 photos
- Romania Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Tropez Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 35 reviews, 76 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 39 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues