"Welcome to my homecountry" Romania by codrutz
Romania Travel Guide: 7,015 reviews and 22,820 photos
I strongly invite you to read about Romania on the Romania Tourism website
You can find a list of cities in Romania, ordered by population here
Romania has a long and interesting history, one can study only this and be amazed - check it out here: wiki history of the Romanians (in English).
Romanians are gourmands and we pride on the traditional foods. Most of them involves cooked meat (grilled/fried). Barbecues are an usual weekend form of spending time with family and friends, outside cities Romanians flocks to start barbecues (Romanian word for barbecue: GRATAR-sing./GRATARE-pl.) and the meat on spikes is called FRIGARUIE (don't know the English word for this)
Peles is one of the nicest castle in Europe. It's a must see while in Romania. Spend some time also in the surroundings of the castle where you can have a coffee on a terrace overlooking the castle.
- Pros:Warm people, still natural, nice places
- Cons:Not so developed because of the comunist era
- In a nutshell:It's my home country
My VT page about Brasov Brasov is located in the middle of Romania, in the Carpathian mountains. It has a lot to offer:... more travel advice
Romania's main commercial aviation company is TAROM, which has a very good reputation, it's pilots are very good, this... more travel advice
codrutz's Related Pages
Romania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Romania, a country of history, art, and humanity"
- "It was ' home' for a few months"
- "Romania: back to the middle ages."
- "Romania, Eastern Jewel"
- "Ce faci, Romania?"
- "Welcome to my homecountry"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Romania
- Hotels in Romania
- Transportation in Romania
- Nightlife in Romania
- Restaurants in Romania
- Shopping in Romania
- Warnings and Dangers in Romania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Romania
- 309 Reviews
- 635 Photos
- 117 Forum posts
- 20 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Romania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Romania
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 84 reviews, 158 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 39 reviews, 97 photos
- Romania Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Tropez Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 35 reviews, 76 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 39 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues