"Florence - The City of Art" Florence by codrutz

Florence Travel Guide: 5,157 reviews and 11,389 photos

Check out my tips pages about this top 10 destination in Europe for fine arts visitors.

Before you plan going to Florence for the first time make sure you've planned at least two full days for this city. Don't do like me and don't hurry to see ten cities in a week :) On the first day take the map and take the general tour of the city, not entering long lined churches or museums - do make a reservation for the next day for the Ufizzi Gallery (vis-a-vis of the line you will see at the entrance there is the reservations desk). Explore and check the details. For a better impression about Florence you might want to consider three days, or else you will need to return soon to check out what you have missed :)

• Last visit to Florence: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Dec 30, 2006

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2011 at 7:58 AM

very good page about Florence with lots of interesting information about art and artists.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Happy (Belated) Birthday! I was travelling back from Antarctica on our shared Birthday yesterday. I hope you had a great birthday! All the best!

• Petruta's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Tuscany, Codrutz!!!! Florence!!! i love it before even see it! i will come back to your tips before my trip here...

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2009 at 4:34 AM

excellent page here on Florence. Great tips and photos. thx for sharing. Bora

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2008 at 4:02 AM

I enjoyed Florence a lot. Good page. Ciao!

• longsanborn's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2007 at 3:56 PM

Great Florence page. I was in Florence in Dec.06 & I had a great time. What chinese restaurant in Vienna were you talking about?

• rubbersoul75's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2006 at 8:12 AM

Wonderful page, tips, photos! You'll need to return. I say that after 3 visits. Thanks for the b-day wishes, it was for michaela, she turned 2. How's the recovery coming? Saluti di Italia Jon

• Andraf's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2006 at 10:04 AM

Very nice page on Florence, one of my favorite cities. I've spent about 8 days in Florence and still haven't seen everything there is to see. I guess that's good, it gives me a reason to go back :)

• Fam.Rauca's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2006 at 1:13 AM

This is a splendid city, with many historic buildings, and art treasures. Your page shows, all this lovely sides of this place. Best regards from Vienna! Gabriela

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2006 at 6:02 AM

Great job, Codrut! This is an excellent page with fantastic pictures and detailed information. Florence deserves indeed more than a day. As in most of the cities in Italy every corner brings you something new (no. 14 for example...).

codrutz

“"Live your dreams!"”

Badges & Stats in Florence

Have you been to Florence?

Latest Activity in Florence