"Small but nevertheless nice" Beaugency by codrutz
Beaugency Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 56 photos
First stop in the 2008 France trip coming from Paris (where we stayed only two days this time) going to Orleans where we started the Loire Valley trip.
Beaugency is small and less visited. The main square is named Place du Martroi - is small also and it become a market in the morning. I remember the nice cheese and special salami we took and eat for days when we got hungry on the road.
The history of Beaugency is impressive. It was so interesting probably because from Orleans to Blois there were only two bridges - one at Meung sur Loire and the one at Beaugency. That's why battles have been fought in both places. Joan of Arc also eliberated this place in the famous Battle of Beaugency.
- Pros:great history
Starting with Beaugency and then down on the Loire Valley and then up into Brittany and Normandy I have seen more half... more travel advice
Place Dunois is the first square from Loire. Here is the statue of the Joan of Arc holding the sword in the right arm... more travel advice
codrutz's Related Pages
Beaugency Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "At Beaugency Is An Old Loire Crossing Near Orleans"
- "Small but nevertheless nice"
- "Loire Chateau"
- "Beaugency, FR"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Beaugency
- 7 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Beaugency?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beaugency
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 83 reviews, 158 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 39 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Tropez Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 35 reviews, 76 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 39 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues