"City of Joan d'Arc" Top 5 Page for this destination Orléans by codrutz
Orléans Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 223 photos
Orleans was our starting point in the Loire Valley tour of sites and chateaux.
Orleans is the capital of the Loiret departement (of the 100 departements France is divided in) and of the Centre region (out of the 26 regions France is divided in).
The city is famous for the siege (battle) of Orleans in May 8th 1429 when Joan d'Arc liberated the city - therefore the name Joan was put of "the maid from Orleans".
Streets of the old Orleans, around the Cathedral, are lovely, with cafes and nice half timbered houses. Did I mention... more travel advice
Place du Martroi is where the statue of the Maid of Orleans is located. This is also the center of the old city, from... more travel advice
codrutz's Related Pages
Orléans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "sandravdp's Orleans Page"
- "Moscow - Orleans 1995"
- "City of Joan d'Arc"
- "City of Joan of Arc"
- "Pamela Peace's Loire Valley Page"
- "Orleans and the Loire Valley Castles"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Orléans
- Hotels in Orléans
- Transportation in Orléans
- Nightlife in Orléans
- Restaurants in Orléans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Orléans
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Orléans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Orléans
Photos in OrléansSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 84 reviews, 158 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 39 reviews, 97 photos
- Romania Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Tropez Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 35 reviews, 76 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 39 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues