Saint-Tropez Things to Do Tips by codrutz Top 5 Page for this destination
Saint-Tropez Things to Do: 40 reviews and 73 photos
I hope these guys don't mind having their picture taken and put on VT :) But they were so lovely in the sunset light and near that old tower.
A light climb and you are in the quarter of local properties, summer residences or for rent, I'm thinking of buying one just in case :)
Having a stroll on the pier of the old harbor of course, that is the first thing you should do in St. Tropez, to familiarize with the spirit.
In the corner of the old harbor pier and wall there is an old watch tower, still I couldn't see a light and it was not very tall to be a light house. But it's the best place to watch the sunset!!
There is a wall separating the harbor from the sea. From the wall you can watch the remarkable nice views of St. Tropez old harbor. I like very much this picture I took in St. Tropez :)
Yes there is a tourist office in St. Tropez and it is right near the start of the harbor pathway. It is very useful to go in and ask for available accommodation. They give you a map and points the hotels. If you are happy with the price they phone the hotel and tell them you are coming, like a reservation, because in summer time it's pretty hard to find a hotel. Under EUR 150 per night that is.
This is the former police station in St. Tropez - le Gendarmerie Nationale - where Louis de Funes and his Gendarmes du Saint Tropez had their quarter in those funny old movies :) This is one real attraction of St. Tropez beside the luxury stuff.
Check out the second picture - there is a second Gendarmerie Nationale - the current police station.
There is a small park in St. Tropez, not really a park as it is mostly sand and some trees, with a restaurant on a side. It is mostly used by locals to play "boules" - the game with the heavy metal balls being thrown to the small little one in the sand - a French traditional game.
As you can expect there are expensive, more expensive and outrageous expensive restaurants. As long as you have money in your pocket to afford a dinner there you should stay at one of the restaurants on the harbor side and enjoy the moment.
Don't miss the warm summer nights in the harbor of St. Tropez. Big opportunity for serious travel photographers :)
codrutz's Related Pages
Saint-Tropez Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Luxury at its best"
- "The jet-set get-set for St Tropez"
- "Saint-Tropez - fishing village and Jet-Set"
- "Nicer than I expected - Very nice actually"
- "St Tropez"
- "St Tropez"
- "Et Dieu crea..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint-Tropez
- Hotels in Saint-Tropez
- Transportation in Saint-Tropez
- Nightlife in Saint-Tropez
- Restaurants in Saint-Tropez
- Shopping in Saint-Tropez
- See All...
Explore the World
- Quezon City Hotels
- Jacksonville Beach Hotels
- Saint Julian's
- Digha Hotels
- Seaside Heights Hotels
- Sequoia National Park
Badges & Stats in Saint-Tropez
- 29 Reviews
- 83 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Saint-Tropez?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint-Tropez
Photos in Saint-TropezSee All Photos (83)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 83 reviews, 158 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 39 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Tropez Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 35 reviews, 76 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 39 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues