Villandry Things to Do Tips by codrutz
Villandry Things to Do: 65 reviews and 186 photos
It is not your average vegetable garden, but the most beautiful one. Shapes and combinations of species and colors are unbelievable. Bushes of roses are spread from place to place.
In the far left corner of the garden there is the maze and the music garden, lavender fills the modeled bushes.
The Love Garden is is the closest garden to the castle and the most impressive. It appears on all France brochures. The pattern of the bushes is the same for generations.
The trees are also nicely cut in like plates. It's a mystery how the gardeners goes over the bushes, there is no apparent entry lines.
Children room at Villandry garden. It's a boy apparently :)
Spend more time that I did in this room and admire its ceiling.
State of the art technology back then :) Very spacious and clean (not sure back then).
The dinner room is very nice also at Villandry.
Villlandry has also some very nice looking rooms you can't argue with that.
I always wondered if that's the original wood floor, how resistant can it be with thousands or hundred of thousands visitors stepping on it daily.
I told you the view from the castle tower would worth alone taking the castle ticket also. Take your time and look at the garden, try to capture the good pictures then use your eyes to capture the beauty of Villandry gardens.
Some incredible roses at Villandry too. Orange, pink or red, they are a joy to look at. Too bad VT don't have yet higher photo resolution, my rose pictures at Villandry came out superb. I even have one as my desktop background (it's not here, it's a big red one - tell me if you'd like it as a background).
codrutz's Related Pages
Villandry Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WHAT A GARDEN!"
- "Château de Villandry: Gardens of Earthly Delights"
- "Villandry and It's Special Gardens"
- "Chateau de Villandry"
- "Chateau and Gardens at Villandry"
- ""Painting" with Plants"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Villandry
- Hotels in Villandry
- Restaurants in Villandry
- Shopping in Villandry
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pulau Sapi Hotels
- Kuala Lumpur Hotels
- Cebu City
- Murrieta Hot Springs Hotels
- Savannah Hotels
Badges & Stats in Villandry
- 10 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Villandry?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Villandry
Photos in VillandrySee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 83 reviews, 158 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 39 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Tropez Intro, 29 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 35 reviews, 76 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 39 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues