"Perfect location - Schonau and the lake Konigsee" Berchtesgaden by codrutz

Berchtesgaden Travel Guide: 283 reviews and 827 photos

Berchtesgaden is the south-eastern part of Germany, streching inland Austria - about 90% of the Berchtesgaden region. including the National Park is surrounded by Austrian territory. It is only 24km away from the nice city of Salzburg. The main attraction is the lake Konigsee, the cleanest lake of Germany and also one of the nicest in the world, because it is surrounded by majestic mountains. The town most close to Konigsee is Schonau am Konigsee, which is the perfect place to spend a relaxing week looking at the german alps and their third highest peak - Watzmann.

• Last visit to Berchtesgaden: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated May 29, 2012

• Florida999's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2012 at 11:13 AM

The highest mountain in Germany is the Zugspitze...but did you hike up the Watzmann?
    Nice page , we are going there in July

• alancollins's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2011 at 11:03 AM

This is a beautiful part of Germany, that I have visited so many times, I have lost count.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2007 at 5:20 PM

You've put me in the mood, I'm off to there next month.

• rubbersoul75's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2006 at 5:36 AM

Bravo- Probably my favorite spot in all of Deutschland, great page with helpful info for our next trip there. tcheuss, Jon

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2006 at 1:49 PM

Nice job! I have been near here, but my tour group didn't have time to stop.

• tessy's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2005 at 2:38 PM

St. Bartoloma and the lake Konigsee look fantastic! I hope weather will be also fine in november!

codrutz

“"Live your dreams!"”

Badges & Stats in Berchtesgaden

Have you been to Berchtesgaden?