"You've reached my travelling addiction page :)" codrutz's Profile

Latest news about my travels

Great news! 9th Official VT 2013 Euromeet will be in Sibiu, Romania - yours truly will be organizing it - please visit the Euromeet 2013 page

NEWS OF 2010:
Sibiu meeting in June 2010 after the VT Euromeeting in Krakow held at end of May 2010.
Read updated info: 4-6.June.2010 Sibiu meeting page

NEWS of 2009:
July '09 Spa & bike in Bad Waltersdoft, Austria, stayed at the wonderful Quellenhotel, then my first leisure trip to Maramures county in Romania

June '09 Back from Portugal, 5th European VT meeting. Fabulous! Met members, felt in love with Portugal. Perfect organization from out hosts: Antonio, Teresa and Paulo, many thanks guys! :)

Mar '09 - Skiing in Kitzbuhel, Austria and on the way stopped for the 2nd time in Prague

Jan '09 - Back from the New Years Eve in Kaprun, Austria

PREVIOUS UPDATES AND NEWS
Aug '08 - Back from another vacation in Sankt Wolfgang am Wolfgangsee in Austria (one of my favorite places) and the beautiful lakes: Traunsee, Attersee, biking around Wolfgangsee, taking the cogwheel train to the 360 degrees panorama.

Jun '08 - 2000km trip on Loire Valley and on the coast of Normandy and Brittany -> 2 days in Paris, then: Orleans - Beaugency - Ch.Chambord - Ch.Blois - Ch.Cheverny - Amboise - Ch.Chenonceaux - Tours - Villandry - Ch.Azay le Rideau - Ch.Usse - Chinon - Angers - Ch.Serrant - Nantes - Rennes - Mont St-Michel - St.Malo - Cancale - Rennes - Rouen - Brugges - Lille.

May 5th, 2008 - Back from my first trip to London .. great city .. my page is ready, you can check it ;)

Jan 4th, 2008 - Back from a great NYE and skiing holidays in Zell am See, Austria.

Sept 22nd, 2007 - Back from France, where I visited: Nice, Cap Ferrat, Eze Village, Monaco, Cannes, Frejus, Grasse, Castellane, Canyon du Verdon, Manosque, Apt, Aix-en-Provence, Nimes, Aven D'Orgnac, Gorges D'Ardeche, Avignon, Arles, Hyeres, St. Tropez.

Aug 20th, 2007 - Back from Austria - Salzamergut region. I have stayed in St. Wolfgang am Wolfgangsee. I've been to Gossau to check out the green lake and the view of the Dachstein Glacier, to Hallstatt - the pearl of the lakes, to Postdalm (hiking region), to Schafbergspitze (1783m with a 360 degree panorama of the lakes and mountains), Salzburg (crowded with tourists) and Vienna.

June 27th, 2007 - I'm back from Barcelona, lovely city, nice people. Didn't meet any VTers though :)

Jan 1st, 2007 - I have started my Rothenburg ob der Tauber page - this is one of the most romantic city in Europe

Dec 2nd, 2006 - Back from Austria, more exactly I was visiting Vienna for the third time - during Christmas time. Took some photos, a lot in the zoo :).

Aug 20th, 2006 - My Florence page is done. You can go check it out. Hope to make the top10 :)

July '06 - I am back from Italy!! I have made indeed like 70% of the plan below, this mainly because the major heat - over 36 degrees, which made me decide to skip some city visit and one day in Sorrento to avoid sun burns and other problems.

May-June '06 ITALY. Time to get back to 'the boot' and discover the regions and their charming cities. Looking out for gems, smaller interesting places rather than the big cities like Milano or Napoli, my travel plans looks, like this: Venice - Verona - Riva del Garda - Malcesine - Brenzone - Bardolino - Sirmione - Bergamo - Bellagio - Moneglia - Cinque Terre - Pisa - Lucca - Prato - Florence - San Gimignano - Sienna - Montepulciano - Todi - Spoleto - Sorrento - Capri - Pompeii - Herculaneum - Assisi - Gubbio - Castelnouvo - San Marino - Padova.

2005, December 17-24 - Tux, Austria. A really wonderful winter resort with lots (more than 220km) ski routes, and great cable transport.

My great trips of 2005

Five days in Rome, Italy

Twelve days in a 6,000 km driving tour, enjoying lovely places in Austria, Germany and visiting for the first time a bit of Switzerland: Bucharest - Budapest - Konigsee lake in Berchtesgaden Land - Schonau am Konigsee - Herrenchiemsee on the Chiemsee lake - Inzell - Reit im Winkl - Schielersee - Tegernsee - Walchensee - Kochel am See - Lindau - Zurich - Mainau Island - Bern - Lucerne - Rhine Falls - Speyer - Heidelberg - Wurzburg - Rothenburg - Dinkelsbuehl - Budapest - Bucharest

March 2005 - My second visit to Vienna. A few adventures with accommodation in Kleinzell, but after all we met a nice austrian family and their lovely guesthouse. So we've stayed in Kleinzell (some 100 km from Vienna), but we managed to get up early and have two full days in Vienna. Also we've seen the benedictine monastery in Melk, the shoping complex in St.Polten and the Shopping City Sud (biggest of it's kind in Europe). I still haven't found time to update my Vienna pages with impressions and pics from this trip, but soon.

15-17 January 2005 - Skiing in Poiana Brasov

Romania trip in 2004

26-28 August 2004 - Visiting the monasteries in Bucovina and Moldova
Departing Bucharest on Friday the 26th of August, I drove to Piatra Neamt, where we found the beautiful pension Ambiance. Same day we headed for Bucovina and visited the monasteries of Voronet, Sucevita, Moldovita and Putna. On the way we stopped at the Bicaz Dam, the lake Izvorul Muntelui and then the wonderful Bicaz Gorges and the original Red Lake.
Next day we entered Targu Neamt in order to visit Neamtului Fortress and the Neamt monastery. On the way we stopped to see Vanatori-Neamt Natural Park with its rare bison colony. Then we turned back and visited the nice monastery Agapia which is painted by the great romanian painter Nicolae Grigorescu.
In the area there are many other places to visit, like Marginea village with its famous black ceramics (see the picture inside one workshop), more monasteries, memorial houses that we left to visit for the next time :) The landscapes in this region are really wonderful!! Enjoy the pages!!

During the weekend of 21-22 August 2004 I went with a couple of friends in Ardeal - one of the nicest part of the country (north-west, Apuseni Mountains) and visited two caves (Poiana lui Ionele and Scarisoara), plus the 13th century fortress city of Calnic and on our way back stopped again in the beautiful Sibiu.

More pictures in this travelogue

Driving tour in 2004

My trip in June 2004 trip took me to four countries: France, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany. The itinerary below will give you an outline of where we were and when. For further details, see the page for each town.

7-10 June: Paris
11 June: Bruxelles
12 June: Brugge
13 June: Oostende - KnokkeHeist - Butterfly Park - Het Zwin Reservation - Brugge
14 June: Delta Expo (entering Holland) - short stroll in The Hague and in Scheveningen
15 June: Amsterdam
16 June: Amsterdam
17 June: SixFlags and then Cologne
18 June: Rhine Valley - Koblenz
19 June: Frankfurt
20 June: Strasbourg

My first Europe driving trip in September 2003

Bucharest via Hungary to Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Castles Neuschweinstein and Hochenschwangau, Munchen and then Prague

Short introduction of myself

There aren't many Romanian made pages here on VT, but some caught this virus (which I caught back in 2000), like my friend Fam_Stoica, or Diana75, or Romanian_Bat, or josephescu, or Andraf, or Delia_Madalina and a couple more that forgives me not to mention their names (I buy a beer at the next VT meeting) :)

You can watch a bit of Romania trough my pictures and also tips, facts and pictures from places I've been. I love to take pictures, it's my main hobby, I do it for over 20 years now :)

I did not have the chance to travel outside Europe but I promise I'll do so and gather some nice photos to share with you on VirtualTourist. Because this is the meaning of this site, sharing memories and travel advices along you good people of the entire World.

You are very welcomed enter and enjoy my pages. Thank you for giving me feedback, comments and tip ratings :))

About my country - Romania

To learn more about Romania, wether you plan, you were or you just want to read about, I took some time to write some informative pages here on VT about Romania.

Very few pointers about Romania:
5. The Dacic Fortresses in Orastie Mountains
6. The 8 Wooden Churches in Maramures region
7. The Danube Delta

Postcards

Take a look to my postcards travelogues - these are the postcards I have received so far from VT members

If you want a postcard from Romania or if you like to send me one just leave me a message :)

• Intro Updated Jul 31, 2012

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Hey Codrutz, Belated wishes. Take it easy and enjoy life with the Mrs and kiddo ;-)

• barmelb's Profile Photo
      Mar 29, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Hello from Australia Codrutz, I am travelling to Europe in mid-September 2012 & are considering visiting Bucharest, for about 4 days; are you able to give me some must do & must see tips? Regards, Brett.

• codrutz's Profile Photo
      Mar 29, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Sure but better put a question in the Bucharest forum so you can get other's recommendations

• Florida999's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Very belated birthday greetings!! Hope you had a nice day

• Minceta's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2014 at 4:42 AM

Thank you Codrut for accepting my friend-request. I hope that we will establish a nice and long-lasting friendship.

• rosata's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2014 at 2:47 AM

Belated Birthday Greetings! Happy Travels!

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2014 at 2:43 AM

Codrut, so sorry to be late with your birthday greetings. As you know we were away, at our son's wedding and I was offline for three days. The wedding was such a joyful occasion and after months of storms and rain, the sun shone all day on Saturday. I hope Friday was a great day for you too and that you had a wonderful birthday celebration with your family and friends.

• codrutz's Profile Photo
      Feb 17, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Thanks Katherine and congratulations for your son's wedding! :)

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2014 at 6:20 AM

Bon anniversaire Codrut! Bonnes salutations des Alpes suisses ;-) Patrick

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Happy belated birtdhay!!!!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2014 at 5:12 AM

Happy birthday from Switzerland!!

• gwened's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2014 at 11:45 PM

happy birthday from on the air at CDG PAris!

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Happy Birthday to you!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!