"ianrmillard's new Kazakstan Page" Kazakhstan by ianrmillard
Kazakhstan Travel Guide: 687 reviews and 1,538 photos
I lived in Almaty, Kazakhstan, from October 1996 through September 1997. I never went more than 30 miles from Almaty, but that is little loss as the Almaty area (with surrounding mountains) is the most interesting part of Kazakhstan anyway, much (not all) of the rest being treeless steppe with a number of rundown ex-Soviet cities (Karaganda, Chimkent, Uralsk, Semipalatinsk) scattered on top.<p>SEE ALSO MY ALMA-ATA PAGE, WHICH IS BIGGER AND BETTER THAN THIS PAGE
Trolleybuses are best in Almaty [see pic]. Watch out for pickpockets. They are not pervasive in their presence but DO... more travel advice
Extreme cold weather gear is essential in winter, if you go up the mountains at all. Boots not shoes. If you are... more travel advice
ianrmillard's Related Pages
Kazakhstan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Long Way From Anywhere"
- "rythm_divine's new Kazakstan Page"
- "Pennyrama's new Kazakstan Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kazakhstan
- Hotels in Kazakhstan
- Transportation in Kazakhstan
- Nightlife in Kazakhstan
- Restaurants in Kazakhstan
- Shopping in Kazakhstan
- Warnings and Dangers in Kazakhstan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kazakhstan
- 18 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Kazakhstan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kazakhstan
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alexandria Intro, 12 reviews, 8 photos
- Almaty Intro, 10 reviews, 5 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kazakhstan Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Anguilla Intro, 7 reviews, 2 photos
- Qatar Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Netherlands Antilles Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos