"Fukuoka" Fukuoka by kiwigal_1
Fukuoka Travel Guide: 260 reviews and 457 photos
Fukuoka City is the largest city in Fukuoka Prefecture which has a population of nearly 5 million people. Fukuoka City was voted one of the best places in the world to live and is a large, international city.
It has great services, nightlife and culture for both the tourist and the resident.
Fukuoka City is host to a national Sumo tournament once a year and is host to the champion Daiei Hawks baseball team. In 1999 the World Fina Swimming Championships were held here.
The telephone code for Japan is 81 and for Fukuoka is 092
Fukuoka City is the sister city of Auckland, New Zealand (where I come from!) and Hawaii, USA.
- Pros:Fukuoka is very cosmopolitan and has a relatively warm climate
The Shinkansen is by far the most convenient way to travel around Japan. Unfortunately it isn't very cheap! Luckily... more travel advice
Maizuru Jo was built by Lord Nagamasa Kuroda in the early 17th century. The castle has never been reconstructed and now... more travel advice
kiwigal_1's Related Pages
Fukuoka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "trippingstonefree fukuoka"
- "Fukuoka, gateway to Kyushu"
- "Friendly Fukuoka"
- "Beautiful Fukuoka"
- "Japan's Little Gem"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fukuoka
- Hotels in Fukuoka
- Transportation in Fukuoka
- Nightlife in Fukuoka
- Restaurants in Fukuoka
- Shopping in Fukuoka
- Warnings and Dangers in Fukuoka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fukuoka
- 21 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Fukuoka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fukuoka
Photos in FukuokaSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 56 reviews, 118 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Region Intro, 66 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagano Intro, 44 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arequipa Intro, 21 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Easter Island Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Cruz Intro, 14 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Honduras Intro, 27 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machu Picchu Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos