Nagano Transportation Tips by kiwigal_1 Top 5 Page for this destination
Nagano Transportation: 5 reviews and 3 photos
There is an excellent Taxi service available between Nagano and Narita or Haneda Airports in Tokyo and also Nagoya Airport.
Nagano Chuo Taxi will pick you up at your door and take you directly to the airport saving you the hassle of carrying your luggage on and off trains.
The ride takes 4-5 hours and costs 8500 Yen per person.
Reservations are necessary and can be made by calling 026-282-7777. This company also offers a service to Nagoya for 6500 Yen. It is a higher cost than the one from Matsumoto because Nagano is further away.
Alpico Taxi is the company with the Nagoya service from Matsumoto and Shiojiri. The cost is 4500 Yen. Reservations can be made by calling 0263-34-8181
When I came to Nagano I was coming from Kyushu in the south. I came by Shinkansen train from Kokura to Shin Osaka station and then changed trains to another Shinkansen that went to Nagoya. In Nagoya I changed to a JR train. There is an express service between Nagoya and Nagano. This trip cost me just over 19,000 yen. Nagano is also connected to Tokyo by Shinkansen which costs just over 7000 Yen one way.. The closest airport is in nearby Matsumoto city, which is about an hour south of Nagano by train (1200 Yen) or car.
The Shinkansen is by far the most convenient way to travel around Japan. Unfortunately it isn't very cheap! Luckily there is a Japan JR Rail Pass available to foreign travellers. See the JR East website for details:
It must be bought abroad and stamped in Japan before you can use it. There are several options including one week (unlimited JR travel except for the super fast Nozomi service), two week, JR East and JR West passes. Check with your local travel agent for the best option or click on the link to see for yourself!
Here is a link to a very cool page that lets you see the routing between cities/stations/ports within Japan. It will tell you the route and includes the cost and time. http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/.
More Reviews (43)
- See All LAKE SUWA
- See All Zenkoji Festival - January 2003
- See All JIGOKUDANI KOEN
- See All My friend Kizuku
- What to Buy in Nagano?
- See All CAPRICIOSA
kiwigal_1's Related Pages
Nagano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nagano Livin'"
- "Hakuba and Nagano City"
- "Snow Monkeys"
- "Skiing at Nagano"
- "Nagano - Snow Monkeys, Soba and Miso Ice Cream"
- "Ski The Far East"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nagano
- Hotels in Nagano
- Transportation in Nagano
- Nightlife in Nagano
- Restaurants in Nagano
- Shopping in Nagano
- Warnings and Dangers in Nagano
- See All...
Explore the World
- Donauwörth Transportation
- Île aux Coudres Transportation
- Capri Transportation
- Libya Transportation
- Gwadar Transportation
- Asuncion (Departamento) Transportation
- Botswana Transportation
- Chemnitz Transportation
- Negeri Pahang Transportation
- Dortmund Transportation
- Vantaa Transportation
- Montgomery Transportation
Badges & Stats in Nagano
- 45 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 152 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Nagano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nagano
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 56 reviews, 118 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Region Intro, 66 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagano Intro, 45 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arequipa Intro, 21 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Easter Island Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Cruz Intro, 14 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Honduras Intro, 27 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machu Picchu Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos
Latest Nagano hotel reviews
- Matsuya Ryokan
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 4, 2013