Nagano Hotel Tips by kiwigal_1 Top 5 Page for this destination
Nagano Hotels: 128 reviews and 18 photos
The Blue Winds - Hakuba
Nagano was host city of the 1998 Winter Olympics. It is the closest city to the Japan Alps where the main mountain events were held... in Hakuba!
Hakuba is a 'ski town'. I have been there twice and have learned to snowboard there. There are heaps of runs to choose from and lots of places to stay.
We stayed at a little 'pension' called the Blue Winds close to Hakuba Station.
This place has rooms with bunk beds or Japanese futons. The cost was 4500 Yen per person per night. Breakfast was available for another 1000 Yen each.
Unique Qualities: Close to skifields, Kurobe Dam, Hakuba Ski Jump Facilities, Onsen (Hot Spring). Have a Tennis Court (for use in summer) and a dining area.
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Close to Hakuba JR Station.
Hakuba Mura, Misorano 2522-2
Other Contact: Fax: (0261) 727716
Phone: (0261) 724003
As I lived in Nagano and haven't had to use hotels here. I can't recommend any places from personal experience but I have found the details of some places you may like to try:
Zenkoji Kyojuin Youth Hostel
This is the cheapest place in Nagano. It gets booked up so call ahead. Costs around 2,500 Yen per night.
Hotel New Nagano
Located very close to the station. Costs 5,500 Yen Single Room, 11,000 Yen Double/Twin Room.
Metropolitan Hotel Nagano
Is a four star hotel next to Nagano Station. Single Rooms are 10,000 Yen, Doubles 16-17,000 Yen, Twin 16-22,000 Yen, Suites 35-180,000 Yen per night.
Hotel Kokusai 21
Single Room 8,500 Yen, Double/Twin Room 11,000 Yen.
Nagano Washington Hotel
I've been to the restaurant here for their buffet dinner... The hotel rooms are: Single 6-7,600 Yen, Double Rooms 14,200 Yen, Twin Rooms 13,700-14,000 Yen.
More Reviews (43)
- See All LAKE SUWA
- See All Zenkoji Festival - January 2003
- See All JIGOKUDANI KOEN
- See All My friend Kizuku
- What to Buy in Nagano?
- See All CAPRICIOSA
kiwigal_1's Related Pages
Nagano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nagano Livin'"
- "Hakuba and Nagano City"
- "Snow Monkeys"
- "Skiing at Nagano"
- "Nagano - Snow Monkeys, Soba and Miso Ice Cream"
- "Ski The Far East"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nagano
- Hotels in Nagano
- Transportation in Nagano
- Nightlife in Nagano
- Restaurants in Nagano
- Shopping in Nagano
- Warnings and Dangers in Nagano
- See All...
Explore the World
- Heartland Inn Waterloo Crossroads
- Art Otel
- Bahia Marina Condo Resort
- Ramada Inn Waukegan Gurnee
- A & B Guest House
- Rookery Manor
- Hampton Inn Seabrook/Kemah, TX
- Austrian Hospice
- The Pilgrim Hotel
- Elounda Sunrise Apartments
- Azzaro Resorts & Spa
- Little Hanoi Hostel
- Virginia Creek Settlement
- Banana Bank Lodge
Badges & Stats in Nagano
- 45 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 152 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Nagano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nagano
Read real reviews about Nagano Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 56 reviews, 118 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Region Intro, 66 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagano Intro, 45 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arequipa Intro, 21 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Easter Island Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Cruz Intro, 14 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Honduras Intro, 27 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machu Picchu Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos
Latest Nagano hotel reviews
- Matsuya Ryokan
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 4, 2013