"NAGANO" Top 5 Page for this destination Nagano by kiwigal_1

Nagano Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 189 photos

As of May 3rd 2002 I no longer live in Nagano City, Nagano Prefecture which is the place I called home for 16 months. Most of the pictures I have put here were taken the winter of 2000-2001.

During Winter Nagano is usually covered in snow and is very beautiful. During Summer and Spring Nagano is full of colour as all the peach and apple trees bloom and grow their delicious fruit! (The specialty of the region!). Autumn brings an array of colours as the trees change from green to golds, oranges and reds. Nagano is a place that can be enjoyed all year round! It is a wonderful place to go snowboarding or skiing and also to see the cute monkeys in the snow! I'll no longer be there to act as tour guide but have a read of this page for plenty of excellent ideas of what to do in Nagano and feel free to email me if you have any questions related to Nagano or Japan.

This picture was taken at a rotenburo near Jigokudani Monkey Park. Haven't you always wanted to bathe naked with wild animals in the middle of winter? An experience indeed!

For more information on places to see in Japan please look at my Japan page.

Zenkoji Festival - January 2003

This picture was sent to me by a friend in Nagano who was there for a special laser light display at Zenkoji.

• Pros:The mountains, great outdoor leisure opportunities
  • Cons:Heavy snowfall makes it hazardous for driving in winter
  • In a nutshell:A beautiful wonderland with many interesting places to explore
  • Last visit to Nagano: May 2002
  • Intro Updated Jun 21, 2004

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Lovely page. I especially like those swimming monkeys. Japan is my favourite Asian country, but I have not had a chance to go to Nagano yet. It looks lovely. Cheers, Irene

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Nice page of Nagano. Bring back fond memories of Japan, especially wild flower viewing in the highlands. Arigatou. SL:)

• Mar 17, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Japan is in my dreams to travel. Little expensive for me but anyway

• Feb 11, 2009 at 4:13 PM

When I took this taxi service in January it was 10,500 yen.

• bluezinc's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2008 at 1:13 PM

Wow! Where is this? I've never been to on onsen with monkeys! Also, I thought you weren't allowed to bring cameras into onsens?

• Marisola's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2008 at 7:44 PM

I love your pictures of Zenkoji! I miss Nagano so much! I lived there for 14 months! What were you doing there?

• edelng's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2007 at 11:27 PM

I will be going to Nagano on 22nd Nov with my family for 4 days. I would like go to Hakuba and its surroundings. Hope we can see some snow at that time.

• herrylaw's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2007 at 7:04 PM

Nice page and very useful information about taxis between Nagano and Narita, but please note that Chuo Taxi's number is 026-282-7777

• terps94's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2006 at 11:03 AM

wonderful page!! and your pic in the onsen made me miss those winter time in northern japan

• KidRock's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2005 at 7:43 PM

Damn the towel! :-) Great page.

kiwigal_1

“If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you already have.”

Badges & Stats in Nagano