"NAGANO" Top 5 Page for this destination Nagano by kiwigal_1
Nagano Travel Guide: 85 reviews and 199 photos
As of May 3rd 2002 I no longer live in Nagano City, Nagano Prefecture which is the place I called home for 16 months. Most of the pictures I have put here were taken the winter of 2000-2001.
During Winter Nagano is usually covered in snow and is very beautiful. During Summer and Spring Nagano is full of colour as all the peach and apple trees bloom and grow their delicious fruit! (The specialty of the region!). Autumn brings an array of colours as the trees change from green to golds, oranges and reds. Nagano is a place that can be enjoyed all year round! It is a wonderful place to go snowboarding or skiing and also to see the cute monkeys in the snow! I'll no longer be there to act as tour guide but have a read of this page for plenty of excellent ideas of what to do in Nagano and feel free to email me if you have any questions related to Nagano or Japan.
This picture was taken at a rotenburo near Jigokudani Monkey Park. Haven't you always wanted to bathe naked with wild animals in the middle of winter? An experience indeed!
For more information on places to see in Japan please look at my Japan page.
This picture was sent to me by a friend in Nagano who was there for a special laser light display at Zenkoji.
- Pros:The mountains, great outdoor leisure opportunities
- Cons:Heavy snowfall makes it hazardous for driving in winter
- In a nutshell:A beautiful wonderland with many interesting places to explore
I have already mentioned the great Fireworks display held at Lake Suwa in summer. This place is a gorgeous place to... more travel advice
This pic is one of my favourites. This monkey reminds me of a Japanese Oji-San (Old man). Please look under General... more travel advice
- What to Buy in Nagano?
- See All CAPRICIOSA
- See All AIRPORT TAXI SERVICE
- See All ZENKOJI TEMPLE
- See All Winter Olympics Information
kiwigal_1's Related Pages
Nagano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nagano Livin'"
- "Hakuba and Nagano City"
- "Snow Monkeys"
- "Skiing at Nagano"
- "Nagano - Snow Monkeys, Soba and Miso Ice Cream"
- "Ski The Far East"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nagano
- Hotels in Nagano
- Transportation in Nagano
- Nightlife in Nagano
- Restaurants in Nagano
- Shopping in Nagano
- Warnings and Dangers in Nagano
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nagano
- 44 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 141 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Nagano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nagano
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 56 reviews, 118 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Region Intro, 66 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagano Intro, 44 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arequipa Intro, 21 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Easter Island Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Cruz Intro, 14 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Honduras Intro, 27 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machu Picchu Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos