"Niigata" Top 5 Page for this destination Niigata by kiwigal_1
Niigata Travel Guide: 147 reviews and 348 photos
Niigata is a large city in Northern Japan but is also a Prefectural name.
Niigata Prefecture is located in the North West of Japan boardering Nagano, Toyama, Gunma, Fukushima and Yamagata Prefectures.
Niigata is one of the coldest Prefectures in Japan in winter and is really hot in summer. I visited in summer and went to a local beach and was surprised at how warm the Japan Sea was considering the city's proximity to Russia!
This picture is of the Torii at the entrance to Hakusan Park, Niigata City.
There is a Shinkansen line that runs directly from Tokyo to Niigata city The Shinkansen is by far the most... more travel advice
The Memorial Hall was built in 1883 and is the only remaining prefectural assembly hall of the Meiji era. The hall is... more travel advice
- See All BEER GARDENS
- See All THE SHINANO RIVER
- See All TELEPHONE CODES
- Youth Hostels
kiwigal_1's Related Pages
Niigata Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NIIGATA CITY"
- "Niigata- Rice Country"
- "Kartann's new Niigata Page"
- "Welcome to Bonio's Niigata Page."
- "Gateway to Sado Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Niigata
- Hotels in Niigata
- Transportation in Niigata
- Nightlife in Niigata
- Restaurants in Niigata
- Shopping in Niigata
- Warnings and Dangers in Niigata
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Niigata
- 21 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Niigata?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Niigata
Photos in NiigataSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 56 reviews, 118 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Region Intro, 66 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagano Intro, 44 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arequipa Intro, 21 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Easter Island Intro, 22 reviews, 89 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Cruz Intro, 14 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Honduras Intro, 27 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machu Picchu Intro, 16 reviews, 59 photos